I live for desserts. I can eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Whenever I get home from work, I head straight to the pantry and grab a piece [or two!] of chocolate to snack on. Most of the time, it’s not enough that I’d crave for something more. I need something stat!
Then I heard about these mug cakes that you cook in the microwave and they’ll be ready in less than two minutes. OMG! WHAT?! *happy dance*
So…to celebrate the birth of this blog and to commemorate my very first recipe post, I present you with a no-fuss-no-muss mug cake, which you can delight in anytime of the day. Cravings or no cravings!
Crunchy Cookie Butter Mug Cake
Yield: 1 8-ounce mug cake
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 1 minute
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened dark cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 large egg, beaten
4 tablespoons chocolate milk
2 tablespoons crunchy cookie butter spread, divided
1. In a bowl, whisk all the ingredients together, except for 1 tbsp crunchy cookie butter spread. Mix until combined.
2. Pour the batter into a coffee mug then drop the remaining tablespoon of crunchy cookie butter spread into the center.
3. Microwave on high for one minute. If the cake batter is still gooey, microwave on high for up to an additional 30 seconds.*
4. Garnish with a dollop of fresh whipped cream and candy sprinkles.
- Cooking time varies. You may need to adjust the cooking time depending on your microwave’s settings.
Recipe adapted from Babble