Chicken. There are millions and millions of chicken recipes out there. Some can be fancy. Others are just easy peasy.
But yes, they can both be elegantly effortless!
Yield: 2 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
1/2 pound dried thin spaghetti noodles
3 tablespoons salted butter
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt & pepper, to taste
1 large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon milk
3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
4 chicken tenderloins, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
olive oil, for frying
1 cup marinara sauce, for serving
1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
2. In a shallow dish, combine flour, parmesan, and garlic powder. Season generously with salt and pepper.
3. Dredge a flattened chicken with the flour mixture. Dip in the egg/milk mixture, then coat with panko breadcrumbs. Shake to remove excess. Repeat the same process for remaining chicken.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and coat with olive oil. Cook chicken until golden on each side. Transfer onto a paper towel-lined plate.
5. Using the same pan, simmer the marinara sauce until warm. Spoon over the chicken.
6. Once the noodles are al dente, drain, then toss the butter to coat.