Who knew something so ordinary can be transformed into something so, for the lack of better term, sooo…appetizing!
Yield: 2-3 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
8 ounces button mushrooms, scrubbed clean, stems separated from the caps
2 wedges light swiss cheese (I used Laughing Cow Garlic & Herb)
1 green onion, chopped
2 tablespoons cooked italian sausage
2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
salt & pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat baking mat.
2. Finely chop mushroom stems in a chopper/food processor.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped mushroom stems, swiss cheese, italian sausage, and breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until smooth.
4. Fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing.
5. Arrange the mushroom caps on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
Recipe by JG