Take out your wand. Cast a spell…
Butterbeer Oatmeal Cookies
Yield: 18 cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted & cooled
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat baking mat.
2. In a medium bowl, sift the dry ingredients together: flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir in the rolled oats. Set aside.
3. Cream the butter and sugar until creamy. Beat the egg in, until combined then whisk in vanilla.
4. Stir in the dry ingredients. Mix until combined then stir in the butterscotch chips.
5. Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes, or until slightly golden around the edges and set.
6. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes in the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack to continue cooling.
Recipe by JG