Take a break from the usual chocolate-y brownies and make these instead. These golden bars are just as magical. The best part? You don’t need charms or enchantments to whip up a batch. Yeah, it’s that easy.
Yield: 16 bars
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup butterscotch chips, divided
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, sift the dry ingredients together: flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar until creamy. Whisk in the egg and vanilla.
4. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in half of the butterscotch chips.
5. Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining butterscotch chips. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a cooling rack.
Recipe adapted from Very Best Baking