Meatballs. You can basically put everything on it, except the kitchen sink!
I just like mine simple. What about you?
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
1 pound dried thin spaghetti noodles
1/4 cup salted butter, diced
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 large egg, beaten
3 garlic cloves, grated
1 small onion, grated
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup grated parmesan
salt and pepper, to taste
1 pound ground turkey
4 cups marinara sauce
1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
2. In a large bowl, combine the egg, garlic, onion, breadcrumbs, parmesan, and ground turkey. Season generously with salt and pepper. Mix until blended.
3. Shape the turkey mixture into 1-inch balls. Use a cookie scoop to make uniform sized balls.
4. Heat the oil on a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Fry the meatballs until browned on all sides. Transfer onto a paper towel-lined plate.
5. Drain the excess oil. Using the same pan, reduce heat to medium-low then add the marinara sauce, then the meatballs. Simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Once the noodles are al dente, drain, then toss the butter to coat.
Recipe by JG