I indulged two at a time without feeling the extra guilt. Who would have thought chocolates can be forgiving, too?
Mini Mocha Cheesecakes
Yield: 11 mini cheesecakes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
2 cups nonfat cottage cheese
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
11 chocolate wafer cookies, such as Famous
whipped cream, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 275ºF. Line 11 standard muffin cups with cupcake liners.
2. In a food processor, combine cottage cheese, eggs, confectioners’ sugar, cocoa powder, flour, espresso powder, and vanilla.
3. Process until smooth, 4 minutes, scraping down sides as needed. Divide mixture among cups and place 1 cookie on top of each.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, or until fillings are set and cookies soften. Let cool to room temperature in pan on a wire rack, then refrigerate at least 1 1/2 hours (or, covered, up to 3 days).
4. To serve, invert cheesecakes onto plates and peel off liners. Top with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart