Some call it a pull-apart bread. Others call it a monkey bread. I just know it’s a bubble bread.
Traditionally laced with cinnamon, but I decided to venture out a twist using flavored instant pudding. Whatever this may be called, it’s definitely a gooey pastry that’s guaranteed to melt in your mouth!
French Vanilla Bubble Bread
Yield: 6-8 servings
Prep time: 3 hours (includes resting)
Cook time: 35 minutes
1 cup milk
3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), divided
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups bread flour
2 1/2 teaspoons bread-machine yeast
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 3.4-ounce packet of french vanilla instant pudding
1. In a glass measuring cup, combine milk, 1/4 cup butter, granulated sugar, water, and salt. Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes, then cool for 5 minutes.
2. Follow manufacturer’s instructions for placing milk mixture, flour, yeast, and egg into bread pan. Select the dough cycle and start bread machine.
3. Remove dough from the machine and turn it out onto a floured surface. Knead for 30 seconds, then cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
4. Melt the remaining 1/2 cup butter. Set aside.
5. In a shallow dish, mix the brown sugar and instant pudding until fully combined. Set aside.
6. Divide the dough into 24 equal portions, shaping each into a ball (cover remaining dough to keep from drying).
7. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the sugar mixture into the bottom of a bundt pan.
8. Dip each ball into the melted butter, then roll in the sugar mixture. Layer them in the bundt pan. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place for 45 minutes, or until doubled in size.
9. Preheat oven to 350°F.
10. Bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the bread cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then transfer to a cooling rack to continue cooling, or enjoy warm.
Recipe adapted from My Recipes