Do not get spooked. There aren’t any tricks, just treats. Happy Halloween!!!
Pumpkin Pie Beignets
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
1 1/2 cups cake flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
vegetable oil, for frying
confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
1. Heat 3 to 4 inches of vegetable oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pot set over medium-high heat until it reaches 375ºF.
2. In a bowl, stir the dry ingredients together: flour, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and sugar. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, pumpkin puree, and applesauce until combined. Stir in the dry ingredients and mix just until moistened.
4. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter into the hot oil and fry until golden brown. Scoop them out with a slotted spoon, then transfer onto a paper towel-lined plate.
5. Dust the beignets with confectioners’ sugar. Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Food Network Magazine