Can’t you tell I’ve lost all sorts of self-control on this one?!
Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
Yield: 1 6-inch cheesecake
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
For the crust:
5 biscoff cookies, finely ground
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon firmly packed brown sugar
pinch of salt
For the filling:
3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 6-inch spring-form pan with parchment paper then lightly grease with a nonstick spray.
2. In a bowl, combine all crust ingredients until evenly moistened. Pour into the spring-form pan. Using the smooth bottom of a shot glass, press the crumbs down into the base and pack firmly. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300ºF.
3. With an electric mixer, beat the greek yogurt, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla until combined. Add the flour and continue to beat. Add the egg, beating just until combined. Do not overmix.
4. Pour the cheesecake mixture into the crust. Tap the pan on the counter to bring all air bubbles to the surface. Bake in a water bath for 40 minutes, or until the center is slightly jiggly, but not wet when lightly touched. Turn the oven off, but leave the cheesecake in, with the door prop open. Let it sit for 30 minutes, then move to a cooling rack to cool another 30 minutes.
5. Run a knife around the edge of the pan and then cover with plastic wrap before refrigerating the cake. Chill for 5 hours, or overnight.
Recipe by JG