These cookies are like deconstructed oreos, only they are revamped in a creamier fashion.
Yield: 2 dozen
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
4 ounces neufchatel cheese, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup oreo cookie crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream together the butter and neufchatel cheese on medium speed until smooth and well-combined. Add the sugar and vanilla extract and mix until the ingredients are well-combined. Add the flour and mix on low until the flour is incorporated.
3. In a shallow bowl, sprinkle the oreo cookie crumbs. Scoop the cookies into about 1-inch balls then roll in the cookie crumbs. Arrange in the prepared pan, at least 2 inches apart.
4. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the tops are slightly puffed.
5. Cool on the pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Brown Eyed Baker