I just love lemons (even though yellow isn’t my favorite color!). Thanks to their tangy juices, this bread got that burst of lemony flavor. Have a slice or two…or three…who’s counting, anyway?!
Copycat: Starbucks Lemon Loaf
Yield: 6-8 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
For the loaf:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons lemon extract
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup vegetable oil
zest of one lemon
For the glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
juice of 1/4 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla and lemon extracts, and lemon juice until combined.
4. Pour the dry mixture into the wet ingredients. Blend until smooth, scraping sides and bottom of the bowl.
5. Add the oil and lemon zest. Mix well.
6. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and let set 3 minutes.
8. Prepare the glaze by whisking all ingredients to combine.
9. Remove bread from pan onto wire rack. Make sure to put a cookie sheet under the rack. Pour the glaze over the bread and cool completely on the rack.
Recipe adapted from On Sutton Place