I found a waffle dog maker online. Thought it’d be nice so I bought it. Yeah, I’m impulsive like that.
I gave it a run and boom! Epic fail! Haha To cut the story short, the device and I didn’t get along very well. It has been quietly sleeping in the cupboard for months now.
Whoever thought of the corn dog muffins idea, you’re a genius. Bless your soul!
Mini Corn Dog Muffins
Yield: 1 1/2 dozen
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup of yellow cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of milk, room temperature
3 beef franks, each cut into 6 pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together softened butter, sugar, honey, and eggs.
3. Add flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. Mix together, pouring in the milk as you do. Mix until smooth.
4. Grease a mini muffin pan with nonstick spray. Fill each tin with 3/4 full of batter.
5. Press a hot dog slice into batter in center of each muffin cup.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm with ketchup.
Cornbread recipe adapted from Casa Veneracion