I’m taking a break from the classic chocolate chip cookies and devouring these instead. Anything red-velvet will always get an “ooooohhhh” in my books.
Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: 1 1/2 dozen
Prep time: 70 minutes (includes resting)
Cook time: 10 minutes
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1/2 box Signature Red Velvet Cake Mix
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup white chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, cooled butter, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix until a dough is formed. Fold in the chocolate chips.
2. Wrap the dough securely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour or overnight.
3. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with silpat baking mat or parchment paper.
4. Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until cookies just start to set.
5. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Recipe adapted from Duncan Hines