Pinch, punch, it’s pumpkin month!
Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 40 minutes (includes resting)
Cook time: 15 minutes
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin purée
1 1/4 cups milk
1 large egg
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1. In a bowl, sift the dry ingredients together: flour, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and sugar. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin purée with the milk, egg, and melted butter.
3. Make a well in the dry ingredients then pour in the wet, stirring to combine. Allow the batter to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
4. Coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Working in batches, pour about 1/4 cup batter into the skillet for each pancake. Cook until bubbly on top, about 4 minutes, then flip and cook until the other side is golden brown, about 2 more minutes.
5. Serve with warm maple syrup.
Recipe adapted from Just a Taste