Thank goodness I found a recipe for this online. It’s one of my faves. I like that it’s sweet, savory, and low carb! *giggles*
Copycat: Venetian Apricot Chicken
Yield: 2 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
For the sauce:
1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup apricot preserves
salt & pepper, to taste
For the tomato mixture:
2 large roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
3 basil leaves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper
salt, to taste
For the garlic herb seasoning
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper
1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
8 ounces asparagus
6 ounces broccoli florets
4 chicken tenderloins, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Blend chicken broth and apricot preserves in a sauce pan. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
2. In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, garlic pepper, and salt. Set aside.
3. In another small bowl, combine the garlic herb seasoning ingredients: garlic pepper and italian seasoning. Set aside.
4. Blanch the asparagus and broccoli for a minute in a pot of salted boiling water. Transfer immediately to ice bath to stop cooking.
5. Coat a large sauté pan with a tablespoon olive oil. While keeping ingredients separated in pan, heat cooled asparagus, broccoli and tomato mixture and until hot. Do not overcook.
6. Heat a grill pan on medium-high heat and and brush with remaining olive oil. Grill the chicken tenderloins for 3-4 minutes on each side.
7. Place grilled chicken on a platter next to hot broccoli and asparagus. Sprinkle Garlic Herb Seasoning on broccoli. Pour tomato mixture on top of vegetables. Top the chicken with apricot sauce and garnish with chopped parsley.
Recipe adapted from Olive Garden