These were supposed to be served as appetizers, but I wasn’t able to resist and ate most of them for breakfast.
Three Cheese Spinach Puffs
Yield: 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
2 Pillsbury Crescent Seamless Dough Sheets
8 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened
1/3 cup manchego cheese, grated
1/3 cup parmesan romano cheese, grated
1 12-ounche package frozen chopped spinach, thawed with liquid all squeezed out
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon chili powder
salt & pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly coat two mini muffin pans with nonstick spray and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the cheeses, spinach, garlic, onion, and chili powders. Season to taste with a little salt and pepper. Mix until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
3. Take out one dough sheet and unroll onto a lightly-floured surface; cut into 12 rectangles. Repeat with the remaining dough sheet.
4. Place a rectangle in each muffin cup and press into bottom and side. Fill each shell with a 1/2 tablespoon of filling. Fold pastry over filling, pressing corners together to meet in center.
5. Bake for 8 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown. Cool on cooling rack, or enjoy warm.
Recipe by JG