If you’re looking for easy-to-make Christmas treats, you may want to add this to your list of ideas. Your recipients will thank you dearly.
Cookies ‘n’ Cream Pastillas de Leche
Yield: 4 dozen
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: N/A
1 cup condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup powdered milk
3/4 cup oreo cookie crumbs
Pinch of sea salt
1/4 cup granulated sugar, for rolling
1. In a medium bowl, combine the condensed milk and vanilla extract. Using a wooden spoon, gently stir in the powdered milk, oreo cookie crumbs, and salt. Continue mixing until it forms a dough-like consistency.
2. Divide the milk dough into four equal parts.
3. Take 1 milk dough and roll into a 12-inch log.*
4. Divide the log into 12 equal parts.
5. In a shallow dish, sprinkle the granulated sugar. Roll the milk candy in the sugar, pressing gently, until all sides are covered. Repeat for remaining milk candies.
- The milk dough can be sticky. Use rubber gloves for easy rolling.
Recipe by JG