This is pure comfort in a bowl.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium onion, sliced
6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 medium carrots, sliced
8 ounces pre-cooked fish balls*, cut into quarters
3 cups shredded cabbage
1 pound miki noodles*
2 eggs, beaten
salt & pepper, to taste
sliced green onions, for garnish
1. Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven on medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the onions and cook until translucent.
2. Pour in the broth and bring to a boil.
3. Add the carrots and fish balls. Boil for 5 minutes.
4. Add the cabbage and noodles, and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat, and slowly pour in the beaten eggs in a thin stream. Gently stir.
6. Garnish with sliced green onions and serve hot with crusty bread.
- Miki noodles and fish balls can be found in Oriental/Asian stores.
Recipe by JG