I almost had a heart-attack when two of my most favorite things got combined. Some may not be a big fan, but to me, this is pure genius!
Pasta Al Cioccolato
Yield: 2 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
1/2 pound dried spaghetti noodles
6 slices thin bacon, cut into 1/2-inch slices
1 garlic clove, minced
pinch of cayenne pepper
2/3 cup plain dark chocolate, finely chopped
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
salt, to taste
chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Add bacon pieces to a medium saucepan over medium heat and cook bacon until crisp and fat is rendered.
3. Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside. Pour off most of the grease, leaving a tablespoon of bacon fat.
4. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Sprinkle the cayenne powder.
5. Set the heat to low and add the chopped chocolate. Cook, stirring often, until melted. Season with salt to taste. Stir in the breadcrumbs.
6. Once the noodles are al dente, drain, then toss with the chocolate sauce to coat.
7. Garnish with chopped parsely and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from David Rocco