I can feel summer is here because it’s getting warmer and warmer by the minute. The good thing is…strawberries are also in season and are always on sale.
Yield: 2 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
8 ounces dried spaghetti pasta
1/2 pint organic strawberries (about 10 pieces), hulled and roughly chopped
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup pecorino romano cheese, grated
salt & pepper, to taste
1/4 cup half and half
1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
2. Puree the strawberries in a food processor or blender. Set aside.
3. In a large saucepan, brown the butter on medium heat then slowly pour in the strawberry puree.
4. Stir in the brown sugar and balsamic vinegar. Reduce heat to medium-low and bring to a gentle boil stirring occasionally. Add the cheese and season with salt and pepper according to taste.
5. Turn off heat and stir in half and half.
6. Once the noodles are al dente, drain, then toss with the sauce.
7. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Haliramdene