I stumbled upon a series of recipes-in-a-jar online. They seem like a really cool project (especially for the holidays!), but first things first. Taste test!
Black Forest Banana Loaf
Yield: 1 9×5-inch loaf
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
2 large eggs
1 10-ounce jar maraschino cherries, drained and coarsely chopped, reserving 2 tablespoons juice
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Combine the dry ingredients together: flour, baking powder, salt, and brown sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Beat the softened butter in large bowl until smooth. Beat in the mashed bananas, eggs, chopped cherries and reserved cherry juice until well blended. Fold in the chocolate chips, if using.
4. Pour batter evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 55 minutes, or until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let the pan cool for 10 minutes.
5. Remove the bread from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
Recipe adapted from Recipe Gold Mine