I’ve never been to New Orleans, but I have tried one of their famous desserts while visiting California a couple of years ago. Anything paired with caramel sauce is just simply divine!
Bananas Foster Bundt Cake
Yield: 12 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, divided
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1 banana, peeled and sliced
2 bananas, mashed
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Butter and flour a 12 cup bundt pan. Pour the melted butter into the bottom, sprinkle on 1/2 cup of the sugar, and top with the sliced banana. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, beat together the remaining sugar, room temperature butter, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Mix in the mashed bananas. Slowly beat the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until everything is fully incorporated.
5. Pour the batter over the prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool thoroughly in the pan before turning the cake out onto a plate or stand.
Recipe adapted from Hungry Couple