Because I’m beginning to be a fan of carrot cake! Plus, it’s orange — the next color I need for my rainbow-cookie-series.
Carrot Cake Cookies
Yield: about 18 cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup carrots, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with silpat baking mat or parchment paper.
2. Combine the butter, granulated and brown sugars in a bowl. Using a had mixer, beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
3. Add the egg and vanilla; beat until well mixed.
4. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Stir in the grated carrots and mix just until combined.
5. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Land O’ Lakes